Fill your summer with music, creativity and connection!
While we (im)patiently wait to be able to sing and gather together, we believe that we can maintain and grow our singing community, deepen our musical skills, explore new musical paths and let our creativity flow.
This summer long musical smogasbord includes:
- 12 core instructors offering 12 exciting classes (combination of video and live sessions)
- over 50 video classes
- over 15 live Zoom classes (recorded and posted if you can’t join the session live)
- Instructor Concert
- Guest Teachers
- Community Chat Boards for each class
- Witnessed group practice sessions
- Student Cabarets throughout the summer and more…..
The course runs from July 5th-Sept 6th (in mid August, you will have the possibility to extend the course for an additional fee)
Each instructor’s course will feature:
- 4 video lessons that you can do at your own pace, and
- one live Zoom session to synthesize, deepen and continue the learning.
SongRoots Summer Online will keep you buzzing, learning and playing within a friendly, supportive and enthusiastic musical community.
Dig Deep - Branch Out - Sing On!
The extensive video library from all of the classes is available to you 24/7 over the summer. You can explore all of this at your own pace. There are also many LIVE ZOOM events over the course of the summer!
July 5th – Sept 6th
The exact schedule is being sorted out but here is what we know so far:
- The 50+ videos will become available on July 5th!
- July 5th-Aug 15th – at least 2 live Zoom classes a week.
- 3 Student Cabarets – July 16th, Aug 6th and Aug 27th
Full Tuition for the entire summer program (12 classes + so much more) is $200.
We will offer camp on a sliding scale with a $150 minimum to $200 and beyond.
We also want to acknowledge that the financial impact of the Covid 19 lockdowns has been uneven. We have set full tuition for the camp at a level needed to generously support our faculty but we are also offering a bursary program so that all who wish to join are able to do so. If you want to access the bursary program, contact Karla for more information. This has been a difficult time for so many people and bringing music, creativity and community into our lives is so important!
If you are in a position to do so, you may also pay over the $200 tuition and that will help us support the bursary program and provide extra income for our instructors and special guests.