I’m so excited to be launching this ‘choir course’ for Rhythm ‘n’ Roots Choir starting in mid-Sept 2020. This course will contain all of our new songs (practice tracks, teaching videos) and lots of background information about the songs we are singing. We will be focusing in on some contemporary Canadian and English folk music, music from New Orleans, Gospel, Corsican, Georgian and South African music.
This course will include
- singing technique
- physical and vocal warm-ups
- Guest artists – teaching videos and several zooms rehearsals throughout the term
- Practice tracks for all of the parts
- Practice tracks with just one part missing
- Background information about the music we are singing – a deep dive into the musical traditions that we are drawing our repertoire from.
- Weekly Zoom meetings with Karla on Wednesday nights.
- 2 Collaborative Recording Projects throughout the term
- Instructions for (and possible) small group gatherings (this all depends on advice from BC medical officers – safety first!)
Our Wednesday rehearsals will be from Sept 9th-Dec 16th. A more detailed schedule will be coming that will include when our Special Guest Zoom classes will be and how we will structure these rehearsals. There will be sectionals, song instruction, performances, lectures and cabarets