Welcome to Island Soul Choir’s fall 2020 season!
OK, so this is not exactly how we envisioned to be having choir in the fall! However, we have an amazing opportunity here to learn directly from special guest teachers, dig deep into the history, context, vocal styles, vocal technique, physical warm-ups, movement, soloing masterclasses and tons of learning resources for our new repertoire.
This course will be a combination of…
- pre-recorded video lessons
- lots of practice tracks and vocal exercises
- links to articles/videos/podcasts/recordings that will deepen your musical understanding.
- PLUS, Karla will be leading Zoom rehearsals to go over our material and there will be special guest Zoom instructors (Bongani Magatyana from Cape Town, Lonnie Norwood from Chicago and Kathy Bullock from Kentucky)
- These artists will be providing us with some learning resources as well, alongside with guest teacher – Jennifer Scott (vocal technique/warm-ups)
The music for the term has been selected to work well in small groups or as a full choir. We will be putting together at least two collaborative recording projects throughout the term. When it becomes safe to sing together again, we will do so! For now, safety first and let’s keep singing!
ZOOM Rehearsal Schedule
Sat Sept 5th 1:00 pm-3:00 pm (featuring Kathy Bullock from 1:30-2:30)
**Sat Sept 19th 11:00 am-1:00 pm (featuring Bongani Magatyana from 11:30-12:30)
Sat Oct 3rd 1:00 pm-3:00 pm (featuring Lonnie Norwood from 1:30-2:30)
Sat Oct 17th 1:00 pm-2:30 pm
Sat Oct 31st 1:00-2:30 pm
Nov 14th 1:00-2:30 pm
Nov 28th – 1:00-2:30 pm
Dec 13th – 7:00 pm – Cabaret and Collaboration Share!