Welcome to City Soul Choir’s fall 2020 season!
OK, so this is not exactly how we envisioned to be having choir in the fall! However, we have an amazing opportunity here to learn directly from special guest teachers, dig deep into the history, context, vocal styles, vocal technique, physical warm-ups, movement, soloing masterclasses and tons of learning resources for our new repertoire.
This course will be a combination of…
- pre-recorded video lessons
- lots of practice tracks and vocal exercises
- links to articles/videos/podcasts/recordings that will deepen your musical understanding.
- PLUS, Karla will be leading Zoom rehearsals to go over our material and there will be special guest Zoom instructors (Bongani Magatyana from Cape Town, Lonnie Norwood from Chicago and Kathy Bullock from Kentucky)
- These artists will be providing us with some learning resources as well, alongside with guest teachers – Jennifer Scott (vocal technique/warm-ups) and Dawn Pemberton (Riffs & Licks and a look at Motown)
Karla will be sending out a survey to see who feels comfortable and would like to gather for smaller group/physically distanced singing. From there, Karla can sort out some singing pods while keeping us up to date with local health and safety advice. The music for the term has been selected to work well in small groups or as a full choir. We will be putting together at least two collaborative recording projects throughout the term. When it becomes safe to sing together again, we will do so! For now, safety first and let’s keep singing!
ZOOM Rehearsal Schedule
Sat Sept 12th 1:00 pm-3:00 pm (featuring Kathy Bullock from 1:30-3:00)
**Sat Sept 26th 11:00 am-1:00 pm (featuring Bongani Magatyana from 11:30-1:00)
Sat Oct 10th 1:00 pm-3:00 pm (featuring Lonnie Norwood from 1:30-3:00)
Sat Oct 24th 1:00 pm-3:00 pm (featuring soloist workshop with Lonnie Norwood from 1:30-3:00, all attend)
Nov 7th 1:00-3:00 pm (featuring Billy Gollner from 1:15-2:15)
Nov 21st – 1:00-2:30 pm
Dec 5th – 1:00-2:30 pm
Dec 12th – 7:00 pm Cabaret and Collaboration Night